Wednesday, February 22, 2017

What Are You Watering?



Lately I have been lingering too long on moments that are not happy, but frustrating regarding the absurd happenings in the U.S.  Facebook is not a fun place anymore, the news never shows anything positive or good.  Like a parent to myself, I have had to say, "No news before bedtime!"   Even living in Portugal we hear the locals voicing displeasure, anger, and a huge amount of apprehension for the future.   

Of course I know that I am the one in control of my attitude.  And so I decided to post this picture that I look at every day on the wall of my kitchen.  "We are all watering seeds"  I am choosing to water happiness, love, laughter and kindness.  My son told me this.  "It is important to hold on to and relish the tiny moments that make you laugh, smile, appreciate, and give you peace."     

So, like a treasure hunt, I look for a tiny moment.  I am happy when I hear birds signing.  It is a pleasure to hear little children giggling.  I appreciate how Vince and I are so very close and enjoy each others company.  It really isn't very hard to find the moments once you open your heart and eyes to the little things around you.

I go to bed with whatever pops into my mind of things I am grateful for.  And like counting sheep the list lulls me to sleep with a smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment