Sunday, January 14, 2018

My Birthday Thoughts

Birthdays are a better time than New Year's for me to think about where I am and how I feel about the future. I will be 63 in a couple of days and it sure sounds strange to my ears. Thirty years ago I thought that 63 was really old. In my mind I saw that person as feeble, dottering, unable to remember what they were going to say, much less, carry on a conversation. Oh, they also walked with a cane, and smelled old like I remember my grandfather did when I was a small child.

You can be assured I don't smell like an old man and I don't walk with a cane. In fact, I walk 2 to 4 miles a day! My calves look almost as good as the older women that have been climbing the hills and stairs of Coimbra all their lives! Those calves look like they belong to a 20 something marathon runner!

I read a “scientific” study that said older people can't remember or recall what they are going to say is because their brains are full. It is like a computer loading and sifting through data to find the file you are looking for.....it just takes a minute.

Most days I feel like I can conquer the world. But, then there are days where I pull a muscle sleeping. How in the hell do you hurt yourself sleeping?


I have plans, dreams, goals, hopes and wishes to fill my days and I am so very happy to be another year older. The skin I'm in feels like a cozy, soft, well worn pair of slippers. I love it and I will continue to take care of it so we can make all of those dreams come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment