Thursday, February 22, 2018

Wheels Were Invented For a Reason


Being stubborn is part of getting older.  We see elderly women wheeling carts everywhere they go.  Both Vince and I didn't want to be pegged as old people not being able to carry our bags ourselves.

After living here for a year and a half and me needing to see a doctor recently for tests that show I have a small tear in my rotator cuff tendon we finally gave up.  The tear is small enough not to need surgery, but I am not allowed, by decree of my sweet husband, to carry anything on my shoulders.

We checked out the many variety of wheeled carts and choose one with three wheels that is good for stairs and curbs. 

Having picked out the one we wanted and we headed to our favorite market where I usually have to be careful of how much to buy because it gets quite heavy.   It is really nice to get what we want and not have to worry anymore.


Our 1 1/2 mile walk back home was quick and easy! 
And I apologize to all those wise, brilliant older women! 


No comments:

Post a Comment